” 2 new wonderful wine discoveries in Paris: Frenchies wine bar on Rue du Nil & Ô Chateau on JJ Rouseau, casual, gd wine prices…”
Its location is central but far enough from very crowded and touristic regions of Paris, so feeling the city in more relaxing way is possible.
In order to spend sometime at the bar before dinner, we arrived earlier than our booking to the cozy wine bar is decorated with warm colors and lighting, comfortable feeling with high ceelings and wide windows.
We took our place at the bar by helping welcoming staff. The wine menu – by the glass – is quite extensive that consists almost all of the important wine regions of France and has also some of the iconic wines of France such as; Chateau d’Yquem and Dom Perignon. There are 3 options of cl’s; 3cl, 10cl, 15cl and 3cl is quite enough to taste and enjoy the wines.
So I asked something special to taste on my birthday. Honestly I was looking for a glass of 1999 Dom Perignon but what we had was,
” Cuvée Edmond Vielles Vignes 1996 – Sancerre ( Alphonse Mellot Edmond ) “
And we met an unusual, maybe a hidden style of white Loire; an aged Sauvignon Blanc, like a Bordeaux Blanc without its Sémillon. It was impressively rich, complex and deep with delicate fruit and gentle mineralty.
After surprising and informative experience, we chose daily menu with two options;
– Baked truffle brie, apricot sauce,
– Mozzarella, tomato salad
2 glass of Pouilly-Fumé were a good matching with cheese-based dishes.
– Beef fillet, gratin dauphinois, braised asparagus, 3 cheese truffle sauce,
– Risotto aux Saint Jacques poêlées, sauce balsamique
were brilliant with aromatic J.C. Rateau – Les Bressandes 2008 – Beaune 1er Cru,
– Orange Tart,
– Cheese cake and fraise coulis
with a thoughtful birthday present from Ô Chateau; 2 glass of 1999 Dom Perignon were excellent.
Another souvenir came soon;
– No need to make reservation unless selecting one of their wine tastings or having a dinner at limited tables.
– Interesting wine tastings such as;
Le Tour de France of Wines,
Paris Champagne Cruise,
– friendly, kind and knowledgeable staff.
– Relaxing atmosphere and lively crowd.
– Good selection of French Wines and accompanying food.
– Good pricing, we only paid for the wonderful evening 85€.
Sometimes being a winelover can really be rewarding!!!